Landscape Business Owner’s Response to Covid-19
3-14-20 By Tony Bass
If you believe the news media… our entire population has one foot in the grave. The highly-contagious and deadly corona virus will soon destroy us and our way of living…
Personally, I’m offended by the idea that the GOVERNMENT knows what’s best for me, my family and my business.
Further, I have ZERO confidence the GOVERNMENT is going to save everybody…healthy or unhealthy…rich or poor… as it chooses to disrupt our economy via Cancellation Express.
As I sat quietly…reflecting on the latest news…Cancellation Express… my daughter’s college classes, my son’s fishing tournament, NASCAR, NBA, NHL, MLB, The Masters, Broadway…all cancelled… this mandate is ringing in my ears…
Thinking of the absurd idea that the Mayor of New York City, the Governor of any state or the President of the United States of America can STOP a virus from spreading…
It’s just plain DUMB!
My mind quickly heard the words from a powerful lesson learned in the story titled: The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.
Even though the Grinch stole every single physical thing the WHO’S in WHOVILLE had set in place for Christmas…The Grinch Couldn’t Stop Christmas From Coming!
Thank you Mr Grinch!
Here are the facts as of ~Date.Current~:
1) Spring is almost here…and it always brings a re-birth of hope and optimism.
2) The grass WILL grow.
3) Weeds are popping up everywhere and this annoys many property owners.
4) The excitement of warm weather, exploding flowers, and the garden’s renewed growth, gets people outside.
5) The people that have entrusted you to care for their lawns and landscapes will need your services more than ever!
6) You and I are adults who understand that if you’re sick you don’t go to work…you go to a Doctor.
7) WE are concerned about our health and we WILL wash our hands and keep our work areas sanitized the best way we know how.
8) WE don’t FIRE EMPLOYEES who need to take time off for illness. Don’t insult me with another stupid news headline that suggest that’s happening in small business when we have a 3.5% unemployment rate.
How about this one…Mr. President, Mr. Governor, Mr. Mayor…
As a JOB CREATOR…with significant capital at risk and my TAX BILLS PAID…
I personally pledge to keep our doors open so our company can honor our contractual obligations while taking care of the businesses we serve in a responsible and efficient manner.
Hit reply and let me know what YOU think…
Tony Bass, founder
Super Lawn Technologies
PS – If you need help with your business…